The recipe for this zippy side dish was given to me by my husband’s grandmother. Convenient corn bread stuffing mix and a can of green chilies give fast flavor to sliced summer squash. Since I cook for just my husband and me, I often freeze the leftovers for another day.
-Tara Kay Cottingham, Munday, Texas,
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced yellow summer squash (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
3/4 cup: 199 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.