I hope you enjoy these tasty turkey sandwiches as much as our family does. The recipe makes plenty, so it’s great for potlucks. Plus, the leftovers are just as good. —Carol Riley, Ossian, Indiana,
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds), skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 12 kaiser or hard rolls, split
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Freeze option: Place cooled meat and its juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
1 sandwich: 374 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 49g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 2 starch.