These dreidel cookies are sure to spread some smiles this holiday season. Your friends and family will delight in the surprise chocolate filling. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen,
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 7 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into 2-section pieces
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
- White and light blue paste food coloring
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half; shape each into a disk. Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. dreidel cutter. Place half the cutouts 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; top with candy bar pieces. Top with remaining cutouts, pinching edges to seal.
Bake until bottoms are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
Tint 2/3 cup frosting light blue. Spread remaining white frosting over cookies. Pipe 1 Hebrew letter on each cookie.
1 cookie: 236 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.