- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening or coconut oil
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each ), chopped
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for chewy fudge brownies. Spread batter into a greased 8-in. springform pan.
Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (brownies may appear moist), 22-24 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in pumpkin, yogurt and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over brownie layer. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
Bake until center is almost set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
Remove rim from pan. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Sift confectioners’ sugar and cocoa over cream; beat until soft peaks form. Spoon over cheesecake. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake; sprinkle with chopped candy pieces.
1 slice: 511 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.