Guacamole is typically a Mexican dish, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try to make it with other global flavors. For an Italian-inspired basil guacamole recipe, top it off with toasted pine nuts and fresh herb ribbons. You can also substitute the traditional lime for lemon juice.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen,
- 3 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
1/4 cup: 153 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1/2 starch.