This tender cake doughnut is a little piece of heaven at breakfast. For a variation, add 1 tablespoon dark rum for a richer flavor.
Alissa Stehr, Gau-Odernheim, Germany,
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Freeze option: After frying, wrap doughnuts in foil and transfer to a resealable freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months. To use, remove foil. Thaw at room temperature. Warm if desired. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; roll warm doughnuts in mixture.
1 doughnut: 198 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.