What could be better than an entree that comes with its own creamy vegetable side? This healthy supper goes together in no time flat and makes an eye-catching presentation. —Genna Johannes, Wrightstown, Wisconsin,
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Freeze option: Before adding sour cream, cool chicken and spinach mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Stir in sour cream.
1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup spinach mixture: 223 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.