With a little bit of zip and just the right amount of smokiness, this sausage-and-rice medley is an easy way to please the gang. Omit the rice and serve the sausage pieces as an appetizer with toothpicks. Nicole Jackson – El Paso, TX,
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Freeze option: Place cooled individual portions in freezer containers without rice. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan; heat through, gently stirring and adding a water if necessary. Serve with rice.
3/4 cup: 586 calories, 42g fat (15g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 2052mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.