Cream cheese adds richness to these Hanukkah cookies. Decorate them with royal icing or your favorite buttercream frosting and toppings. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen,
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons meringue powder
- Blue and yellow paste food coloring
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, water and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on high 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Cover frosting with damp paper towels between uses.
1 cookie: 236 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.