- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- Optional: Assorted sprinkles and colored sugar
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Preheat oven to 400°. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add egg and almond extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture until blended.
Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with toppings. Bake until set (do not brown), 7-8 minutes.
1 cookie: 44 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.