Chili is one of our best cold-weather strategies. We use chicken and white beans for a twist on the regular bowl of red. It’s soothing comfort food. —Rachel Lewis, Danville, Virginia,
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Optional toppings: Reduced-fat sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add broth if necessary.
1 cup: 228 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.