This mild, homemade tuna casserole will truly satisfy your family’s craving for comfort food without all the fat! —Colleen Willey, Hamburg, New York,
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole before topping with cornflakes; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Top casserole with cornflakes and bake as directed; increase time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
1-1/4 cups: 329 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.