Who says cookies aren’t for breakfast? We devour these hearty oatmeal cookies, especially on the run. Add any dried fruits and nuts you have on hand. —Lea Langhoff, Round Lake, IL,
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Freeze option: Freeze unbaked cookies in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, place dough portions 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes.
1 cookie: 291 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.