- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti or bucatini pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated BelGioioso® Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded BelGioioso® Sharp Provolone cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup BelGioioso® Ricotta con Latte® cheese
- 1 log (16 ounces) BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- Optional: Salt, coarsely ground pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil, fresh basil and additional Parmesan
image/svg+xml Text Ingredients View Recipe,
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. In a large cast-iron skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain and return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce. Remove and set aside 1 cup meat sauce. Using the back of a spoon, make 10 shallow wells in meat sauce in the skillet; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in cheeses and butter. Add cooked pasta to egg mixture and toss to coat. Twirl about 3/4 cup pasta mixture with a fork inside a measuring cup until a nest is formed. Transfer each nest to a well in the meat sauce. Widen the center opening using the handle of a wooden spoon.
Spoon a rounded tablespoonful of the reserved meat sauce into each nest. Top each with 2 rounded teaspoons ricotta. Cut 5 mozzarella cheese slices in half; arrange 1 piece over each nest (save remaining mozzarella for another use). If desired, season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and olive oil.
Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes longer. Garnish with additional basil and grated Parmesan.
2 nests: 904 calories, 42g fat (22g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 46g protein.